Sunday, October 12, 2008

I Am Lazy!

I often have the following dilemma:

I walk into the kitchen to find something to eat, because I am ravenously hungry.

I search high and low until I find something, anything, suitable (and not rotting).

I search for the pan to cook my potentially delicious meal in.

I find it.

It's in the sink...dirty.

I ask myself, "Is that pan dirty enough to have to clean it?"

If the answer is "yes," I have to ask myself "Am I really THAT hungry, after all?"

If the answer is "yes," I will grudgingly hand-wash the pan.

After hand-washing and rinsing the pan, I fill it up with water and notice that there some suds still in the pan. I ask myself, "Are there enough in there to kill me?"

If yes, I will rinse the pan out again.

If there are still some suds in the pan, I tell myself, "There's not enough in there to kill me."

Then I cook the ramen.

Anyone want to come to my house for dinner?

4 comments:

Honeybee said...

I also hate kitchen work. Invite the parents to come for lunch; casually mention that all you have in the house is (some nasty food) until you have time (and money) to shop. Maybe they will take you out or bring lunch, or (as we used to do for C. in working-but-poor days) maybe they will let you fill a grocery cart at their expense!!

Joel said...

Interesting, I go thru the same process. Well first I see if there is anything I can eat without making it. Woot for Yogurt

Anonymous said...

If you have a roomate, you can just wait until he washes the dishes... on a daily basis. Cuz he is a clean freak. LOL!

Unknown said...

I too go through this process. Also for other various tasks. However, when I get to the, "am I really that hungry" stage, the answer is usually, "no."