Thursday, October 30, 2008

Farting Etiquette




I know I’m asking an age-old question for which there doesn’t seem to be a universal answer: How do you handle it when your boss farts in your cubicle and traps you inside, blatantly ignoring the green cloud that has passed from her rear-end and planted itself around my head? I guess I could have blamed myself for it, or I could have been really mature about it and held my nose and pointed at her. I almost asked her if she farted just to break the ice, but I didn’t want to humiliate her. But really, since it was OBVIOUS that she farted, why not just clear the air, so to speak, by admitting it so we can continue our conversation elsewhere, right? Then I wouldn’t have had to sit in a green cloud for 7 minutes. Record “linger” time, I’m sure….except maybe that time she farted right by the printer and I had to walk through it in order to the leave the room…that may have been 10 minutes.

4 comments:

Anita said...

You have me laughing out loud!!! You are too funny! Next time, just wait for "the urge" to hit you and find your way to her office and quietly release that butt tingling blow!!! That may put an end to her wonderful greetings! (Just make sure you've had some GOOD Mexican for lunch!!)

Honeybee said...

You are just too hilarious! I'm surprised you could manage to talk to the woman; no doubt your eyes were watering to the extreme. I suggest keeping a perfumy candle handy and making a point of lighting it. If revenge is your intent, I'd go with Anita's advice.

JR Hart said...

Crop Dusting - Passing gas in a stealth manor, usually while walking through a crowd or a group, so that someone else gets blamed for the stench, or at the very least people besides the assailent must suffer it.

Hummingbird said...

You crack me up. I can't wait to enjoy you and your brother's jokes on Thanksgiving. You always make me laugh so hard, I cry.