Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Truth in Simplicity

Life is complicated without us complicating it, yet for some reason we seem to be drawn toward complicating everything!

I caught a glimpse of the news this morning just as I was headed out to run. The story was about this whole deal with legalizing gay marriage. Some people were angry, some were "cautiously optimistic" about the eventual legalization of gay marriage.

I read a Newsweek article online today that defended gay marriage using the Bible. (Incidentally, two authors were needed to come up with enough BS to complete the article!)

I had a discussion with a group of people tonight about heaven, pre-, post-, and omni-milleniallism (sp?), spirit, soul, and body and what we are in heaven, yada yada yada.

I pushed someone's buttons about tax policy just because I knew it would stir him up (sorry your facebook was the soapbox, Aunt Linda :) ).

I have opinions about all these things, some strong, some vulnerable. To be honest, the only thing I got out of watching the news, reading the article, discussing theology, and questioning politics is confirmation that God is who he says he is. God IS. That's all that matters.

...pretty simple, huh?

2 comments:

Honeybee said...

It is very simple after all, Alissa. You are a very wise young woman, and I'm proud of you. I was a bit shocked at the political tirade on my wall, but I'm not sure you were the one who provoked it. It may have been my own comment about cleaning out D.C.!

Alissa said...

Yeah, I was also a little shocked! Did you notice that he never actually answered my question either? A very simple question. I understand that not all libs avoid answering simple "yes" or "no" questions, but all the ones I personally know manage to avoid it. Yes or no? It's quite simple...