Sunday, July 12, 2009

Interviews are dumb

It's funny...I was looking through the blogs that I follow, and no one has really written since spring came around. I guess as Midwesterners, we write in the winter and come up with things to write about in the summer. I believe I will have a lot to write about this winter :)

For right now, an update for anyone who cares to know.

I have joined 14% of Michiganders in unemployment. My official last day in my position is the 24th, then I have one month of severance, then it's off to the unemployment line! I'm not calling it unemployment, though. I'm calling it temporary early retirement :) But really, the whole situation is less dismal for me than it is for some. I have one sure thing which I can't disclose publicly at this time, and I also have an interview tomorrow morning for a credit analyst position with a company that manufactures operating room equipment. Seems like a good industry to go into at this time. And the job sounds like the challenge I've been looking for. I can't really talk about this without giving credit to my incredible man. Within an hour of getting let go from my job, he had called this company (he's a former employee) and inquired about open positions, found this job for me, and got the names of the people I needed to talk to. I drove straight from Comcast to this place (it's just down the road), talked to some people, sent my resume in that day, got a pre-interview the following week, and a face-to-face interview the week after that. So, in two weeks I've made it farther than some make it in a few months. This is so entirely a God thing! What's even better is that God has given me such peace about this whole situation. If you know me well, you know that peace in these types of situations is not something I come by easily. But I'm at the point where if I don't get this job, I'm ok with that too.

So there you have it...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I too have noticed this trend of not updating in the summer... but hey, sometimes it feels like we live in the tundra, so when it's July I'm going to go do something outside.
Sadly, this summer has been cold, but still a relief from winter.
I hope God blesses your interview.