Friday, January 2, 2009

Of course '09 will suck, but...

I'm not gonna lie; 2008 had some really bad moments--bad break-up, bad housing market, bad panic attack. The irony of it all is that the things that sucked in '08 are the same things that rocked about '08. The break-up led to lessons in forgiveness, the bad housing market led to lessons in contentment, and the panic attacks and anxiety led to a lesson in letting go of control.

All in all, 2008 was a great year for me! That's why 2009 is not about ridding myself of the old and starting afresh. It's about continuing to grow in the wisdom that 2008 brought. I don't think I'll be at all surprised by anything in the New Year. Of course, 2009 will suck just like 2008 did, but I'm positive that as a redeemed child of God, the bad, the difficult, the dreaded, the horrific, and all the terrifying moments that await me in 2009 will be redeemed by God's goodness.

Happy New Year!

No comments: