Sunday, June 1, 2008

Union Retreat

Having just gotten back from the Union retreat, I can't let this day go by without saying something about it. There's so much to say, but I'm exhausted and sick and need to go to bed. But I have to get some stuff down before I let the weekend end undocumented.

First, I have to say that God is freaking awesome! In some ways, this weekend was completely miserable. I cried a lot. I had tons of anxiety for a very long time. I struggled with loneliness, sleeplessness, and sickness. Nevertheless, I CAN'T look back on it and regret it or wish that it would have happened any differently. Through the struggles, God planted some seeds for new things He is dealing with me on. Namely, issues of fear, being alone with Him, accepting who He has created me to be, and knowing above all that He is always there even when it seems like he's not showing himself present.

Every moment of this weekend was perfect. It all had a place and was placed perfectly. I'm just going to enjoy the unspeakable joy that was the product of this weekend for now. But here are some token verses and thoughts from my experience this weekend.

"Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, YOU ARE WITH ME." Psalm 23:4

"For You did form my inward parts; You did knit me together in my mother's womb. i will confess and praise You for You are fearful and wonderful and for the awful wonder of my birth! Wonderful are Your works, and that my inner self knows right well. My frame was not hidden from You when I was being formed in secret and intricately and curiously wrought in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance, and in Your book all the days of my life were written before ever they took shape, when as yet there was none of them." Psalm 139:13-16

"When it all comes down, we either choose to believe or disbelieve God. He promised us He is always with us. Once we choose to accept His presence as a fact, we can be free to go on to enjoyment." Beth Moore--"Breaking Free"

No comments: