Tuesday, May 13, 2008

MEANINGLESS!!!! (Part 1)

I only have a half hour before I have to take off for work, so there might have to be a "Part 2" to this....or maybe I won't have as much to say as I think I do. At any rate, the one thing I would like to say, and I think it might actually be the secret to my happiness, (are you ready for this?) is that my life is meaningless. I told some people at work today that everyone's life is meaningless....people don't like it when you tell them that. One thing's for sure: I won't ever be a good candidate as a college career counselor.

Now let me clarify: What I mean is that most of the time, for many people, the things we choose to matter in our lives like having a prestigious job, making lots of money, looking pretty, having a house, a car, etc, even sometimes going to church (I'm not being blasphemous here. Check out Ecclesiastes 5:1) makes absolutely no impact on most of the population. In fact, if it does have an impact on anyone it's usually a negative impact on the people you love the most, and also yourself. The reason? Because most of the time, we do things as a means to a happy ending, and we're miserable doing it. "I'm so miserable. If I had a good job, I could make more money, I could have a bigger house, a better car, etc. and then I'll be happy!" Don't get me wrong; there's nothing wrong with having a good job, making a lot of money, etc, etc, but shouldn't all the "means" to the ending also be happy??? Because, if you think about it, the happy ending you're looking forward to might never come. You might die before you get to your happy ending, and then you would have spent your entire life miserable for nothing. Additionally, you will have poisoned so many people around you with a bad attitude. That's scary. I'm determined not to make it difficult for people at my funeral to come up with nice things to say about me. Life is miserable enough on its own, why should I make it more miserable for myself and others by choosing a bad attitude over a good one? I don't necessarily WANT to have a second job, that pretty much sucks, but I'm not going to make everyone else miserable because of that, least of all myself!

(Gotta go. More later. I would copy and paste this to Word with no interruption, but I can't do that for some reason....)

No comments: