Sunday, May 18, 2008

My One Goal in LIfe

I have lost too many years.

I have either relied on feelings or logic, but never on the Spirit. When God is obviously telling me what to do, there is no place for my feelings and my mind...his Spirit is separate from all that. My one and only goal for my life is to enjoy as many days of my life as I have left by walking in His Spirit and His truth. I know that I won't always be happy and I won't always feel calm, but I can always be joyful knowing that He Is and that I can always rest in Him.

Ecclesiastes 12:13 [Amplified] sums it up:

"All has been heard; the end of the matter is: Fear God [revere and worship Him, knowing that He is] and keep His commandments, for this is the whole of man [the full, original purpose of his creation, the object of God's providence, the root of character, the foundation of all happiness, the adjustment to all inharmonious circumstances and conditions under the sun] and the whole [duty] for every man."

No comments: