Wednesday, May 14, 2008

MEANINGLESS: Part 2

Ok, I need to hurry up and get this "series" closed so I can talk about all the other cool stuff that is happening in my life (there's so much, I'd probably have a hundred blogs a day!).

So, meaningless....alright, so you might be wondering what you're supposed to do if life is meaningless...should we all just kill ourselves? should we sell everything and give all the money to the poor? should we just eat, drink, and be happy? No, no, and no.... Of course, I don't have the "answer" answer, but here's what I think, and I think it's pretty simple (almost too simple): We are all here because God wants us here. God is love and he wants to love us. Have you ever known the kind of love that just makes you want to love others? It's almost frustrating and uncontrollable joy! It's an antsy love that must be spread because it's too much for our bodies to contain. That's God's love working in and through us. I think maybe that's how God felt and that's why he created mankind.

There was one morning I was praying and I had a incredible moment with God. I asked him why he was being so good to me because I didn't deserve it because of what I had done. I asked him what I could do for him. He said to my heart, "Nothing you can do will ever be enough to deserve my love. I am loving, faithful, and forgiving because that's who I AM." That was the MOST amazing moment of my life. That was the first time in my life I can ever remember being happy to be alive!

So, when it comes down to it, living life is pretty simple. It's about accepting God's love and loving God...truly loving God by keeping his commandments (summed up in Matthew 22:37-39, "...You shall love the Lord you God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And the second is like it: you shall love your neighbor as yourself." Also, check out Ecclesiastes 12:13. And if you're not sure how to love, check out 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8. I spent a lot of time studying these verses. I'll have to write about love in a separate blog).

Life is meaningless otherwise....

2 comments:

Effect Team said...

Every Thursday I sit down with a pastor friend and we drink about 10 cups of coffee while talking about "stuff". Our talk today was on this subject exactly!! God loves to love us!! God loves to give us what we want!! God loves to show His glory through His love!! Amazing!!

http://lifechange365.blogspot.com/

Alissa said...

Awesome! I'm so glad you've experienced his joy! His love is unmatched!