Sunday, May 4, 2008

Picking up where I left off

My ex-boyfriend did a wonderful thing to me even though he meant it to do me harm...he was mean to me. He said mean things about me just to me, but also posted them publicly. At first, I was very upset about it, but now I realize it's probably the best thing he has done for me so far. The reason I say this is because I realized today (again) that I am addicted to the approval of others. There is nothing more frightening for me than not being accepted. Worse than being unacceptable to strangers is being unacceptable to someone you love. His rejection is very painful, but overcoming that pain will be the most rewarding thing for me. I feel like the more I can overcome his rejection, the more secure I'll become. I've reached a point in my life where I NEED to be completely satisfied with God's acceptance only. I think this will be the key to getting rid of my anxiety altogether. I guess we'll all find out! I'm a little afraid of this journey, but I'm also a little excited to see what God will do! So, if anyone is reading this...welcome! This will be an interesting ride!

No comments: